Help Desk Manager Cert
Due to ever increasing demand and its utility Help Desk Managers are in great demand and hence Help Desk Manager Cert. Both Apple and Microsoft recently have unveiled help desk-focused certifications, a potential boon for end users who will have more places to turn to for competent help. Plus these new titles can be used as a learning blueprint by individuals seeking to expand their operating system skills beyond the everyday level. Nortel and Check Point have new offerings as well, and IBM has resurrected a batch of retired exams.
Now let’s see why Help Desk Manager Cert is important and how and where to get it. Gaining C-level management support and effectively communicating the pivotal role of the help desk and support center to the organization is crucial to the support operation’s success. The most successful support center managers have mastered the art of promoting the support organization to the executive team. Knowing how to build and deliver on service level agreements, working in partnership with other business units, and building and retaining great teams are characteristics of a well-managed and highly effective support organization. Help Desk Manager Cert (HDM) training program provides management with the insight, strategies, and skills necessary to promote their organizations – and their own career development.
Help Desk Manager Cert ensures its recipients have:
- Mastered the skills necessary to successfully manage service levels with customers and secondary support personnel
- An understanding of ROI concepts and principles
- Excellent financial skills
- Engaged themselves in change management and asset management
- Experience with workforce planning
- Tools to measure customer satisfaction
- An understanding of how to determine the appropriate use of technology
- Skills necessary to build and maintain high-performance teams through team building, career development, etc.
- Developed productive relationships with employees and the organization as a whole
- Is an effective advocate for the value of the support center with executive level management
Help Desk Manager Cert also provides help desk managers with advanced skills for delivering excellent support and customer care, as well as an established and highly marketable skill set that will be valued by management in performance and salary evaluation. Becoming a Help Desk Manager Cert also provides a career boost, heightening your confidence and motivation. And, customers, peers, and management will respect your credentials.
In preparation for the Help Desk Manager Cert Exam, students will learn:
- Techniques for managing relationships across the enterprise
- How to plan and manage enhancements to the help desk organization
- Key processes for ensuring successful support center performance
- How to market your services internally/externally
- The latest technologies utilized in a service center
- Benefits of each of the service delivery models
- Outsourcing models and the value of each model
- Negotiation and conflict resolution/management skills
- Methods for building and maintaining high-performance teams
- How to build effective service level agreements
- Tips and techniques to assist you in hiring, training, motivating, and retaining top-notch employees
- Value of mission/vision statements